Mr. Green’s Letter – March 23, 2018
Dear Henderson Mill Community,
As you read this, we have but 5 more days until Spring Break and 4 more days until we finalize our March Mania fundraiser. This year has already seen a higher percentage of students participating than we have ever had before and a higher percentage of teachers and staff who are financially committed to our vision and mission. Although we have a tremendous amount of support behind us, we need you. It is the HMES Foundation that helps us do so much that sets Henderson Mill Elementary School apart from so many of the typical schools out there. Together, the Foundation, our school leadership, and our business partners are constantly working to make this school the best elementary school there is.
The Foundation’s support has provided us:
- Robotics on each grade level (Cubelets, Sphero, Ozobot, Meccanoid)
- Field trips to the Alliance Theatre, to Allegre Farms, to Legoland. The Foundation also helps to fund our overnight field trips in 4th and 5th grade
- Replacement equipment for our recent playground update
- Increased student technology (1-to-1 iPads in 1st and 2nd grade), a class set in Art and kindergarten, and a clustered set in Music
- Lego Enrichment with Debbie Miller
- Enhanced growing spaces including our growing racks, aeroponics in 3rd grade, hydroponics and aquaponics for all grade levels.
- Enhancements to our video studio that allows us to live-stream our news, HME-TV, every day of the school year.
- Small Fry to Go program where we twice annually raise nearly 2,000 trout from egg stage to small fry trout stage before students release them to the Chattahoochee River.
The Foundation funds our PTA and makes so much happen at our school. They can’t do it alone. We need you! Please check your finances and see what you can do to help us help the students of HMES prepare for the careers of tomorrow. Check with relatives, friends, neighbors. It takes the whole village for us to meet our $50,000 goal. Thank you for doing all that you can to support your neighborhood school! Strong schools do really make strong communities!
To meaningful STEAM collaboration!